Spicefactory Forum Index Spicefactory
Forum Archive

SearchSearch    Log inLog in 

Silent errors in managed objects?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rattkin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Silent errors in managed objects? Reply with quote

I usually have Parsley logging turned on, but recently I was working without it and this one thing stroke me as odd. Why is it that errors that happen within managed objects are not shown by debugger.console? Oddly enough, debugger doesn't have problem with recognizing and navigating to breakpoints placed there.

It would seem that only objects that are directly related to view can spawn a console error (i.e. PM fastinjected into mxml still shows errors).

Similar issue here, for commands:
http://www.spicefactory.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3793

I would be very interested in learning the reason. Is it because it all operates within flex databindings (which suppress errors)?

Let's say I'm dispatching a message from view's PM. I use MessageHandler to handle that message in another object I have already managed within Context. Any errors that happen there are not shown in console by default.

Why exactly?
Is there anything that can be done to work around it? (apart from turning parsley logging)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Spicefactory Forum Index -> Spicefactory All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: