2008-04-26: Spicelib AS3 and Java Maintenance Releases
Both of the Spicelib twins get a few minor enhancements and fixes with these releases.
In Spicelib AS3 Logging the API for
LogContext.getLogger has changed and now accepts an
Object (it was a String in the previous releases). So now instead of having to write:
you can simply write:
which has the same effect (using the fully qualified class name as the logger name). Note that this change is backwards compatible, you can still use arbitrary Strings for logger names and you don't have to modify existing classes.
The only new class is a
ResultTask implementation that serves as an
abstract base class for any asynchronous operation that produces a result (like loader tasks or remote
service invocations). The implementation is quite trivial, but it allows you to conveniently collect
results from multiple
ResultTask instances added to the same
the ASDoc for an example.
On the Java side the reflection cache has been improved and is now more robust
for concurrent access. Also an
EnumConverter was added which will be needed to support
enums in the next Cinnamon Release. The Java release contains one incompatible API change: The
constructor of the
ConversionException class in the reflection package has changed for the final
1.0.0 release. If you implemented custom
Converter instances (e.g. for Cinnamon) and used
ConversionException you have to adapt your code.
You can download both new versions here.
Release Notes - Spicelib AS3 - Version 1.0.1
- [SLA-22] - ConcurrentTaskGroup issue when adding a Task while the doStart method is executing
- [SLA-21] - Change method signature for LogFactory.getLogger to accept an Object instead of a String
- [SLA-20] - Add ResultTask implementation
- [SLA-17] - Add documentation for logger configuration in Parsley ApplicationContext
- [SLA-18] - Wrong method name in SoundTask example (setFinishable - must be setSkippable)
- [SLA-19] - Wrong event constant in application startup logic example in Task Chapter
- [SLA-23] - ASDoc for TaskGroup still uses the old class name TaskCollection
- [SLA-24] - Move UnitTest FlexBuilder project to FDT project
Release Notes - Spicelib Java - Version 1.0.0
- [SLJ-9] - ClassMappedRepository.getAll should not include null mappings that were added just for efficiency
- [SLJ-1] - Check for concurrency issues in the reflection cache
- [SLJ-6] - Throw Exception in ClassPathResource if InputStream cannot be created
- [SLJ-7] - Improve ConversionException
- [SLJ-8] - Cached lookups in ClassMappedRepository should be removed when a new item is added
- [SLJ-4] - Add EnumConverter implementation
- [SLJ-2] - Add Ant Buildfile to Subversion repository