2008-05-24: Cinnamon 0.2.1 Maintenance Release
This maintenance release fixes a few issues that surfaced in the 0.2.0 release and includes some minor improvements. It is fully backwards compatible and can be used as a drop-in replacement for the previous release.
Especially if you are using Spring for Cinnamon configuration you should update immediately, since one XML schema file was missing in the Cinnamon jars for the previous versions, which prevented Cinnamon from initializing correctly in case the server had no access to the internet. (In most installations the server does have internet access and then Spring would load the missing schema from our site, this is the reason that it took three releases until this issue surfaced for the first time).
The Ant task for generating AS3 service interfaces and proxies has been improved a bit in that it is now cleverer in guessing the matching AS3 type without explicit configuration. Other internal refactorings were mainly introduced to add some flexibility for the upcoming Pimento release which will be based on Cinnamon and do not affect the way you use Cinnamon in your applications. We also fixed several issues in the manual and ASDoc.
You can download the new version here.
Release Notes - Cinnamon - Version 0.2.1
- [CNM-49] - Manual: Error in Example 3.5
- [CNM-52] - Wrong Namespace URI in META-INF/spring.schemas
- [CNM-53] - Manual: Errors in QuickStart HOWTO
- [CNM-55] - Manual: Errors in Parlsey Configuration Example in section 3.3.2 in AS3 Client Chapter
- [CNM-56] - Build file does not include cinnamon-spring.xsd into the Cinnamon jar
- [CNM-3] - Use setSource in Spring NamespaceHandler
- [CNM-57] - Generator should be able to determine matching AS3 classes for subtypes of mapped classes
- [CNM-58] - Internal refactorings for ServiceProxy, ServiceOperation and ServiceRequest
- [CNM-59] - AbstractServiceBase should allow to specify a custom subclass of ServiceOperation for individual operations
- [CNM-61] - Add resultTransformer and parameterTransformer functions as constructor argument to ServiceRequest
- [CNM-62] - Split ServiceRequest methods into smaller methods
- [CNM-4] - Test and document usage of [Transient] metadata tag
- [CNM-38] - Add documentation and examples for utility classes in Client API (SessionTimeoutObserver / ChannelActivityObserver)
- [CNM-46] - Move UnitTest FlexBuilder project to FDT project
- [CNM-65] - Events missing in ASDoc for SessionTimeoutObserver